Ontario is a “great” place to live right now. Set aside all of the mandates and vaccine talk for a minute… we have a mob of people in our country’s capital screaming about freedom at Prime Minister, Trudeau and disrupting Ottawa’s downtown. There are trucks blocking the borders disrupting other truckers from getting their deliveries to places on time… potentially, causing Toyota to have to shut down their factories because they can’t get parts. Both Saskatchewan and Alberta have fully opened up, which has made the “freedom fighters” believe that their actions have caused this, which is actually probably true. Remember, there are provinces that have opened up and Trudeau didn’t have anything to do with that (I’m fully aware that Trudeau definitely gives his recommendations and it’s up to the provinces if they take the suggestions or not)… this is key to the whole point of this blog.
All of this venom is being spewed at Trudeau, and in my personal opinion, Trudeau has made some bad calls during the pandemic… moving an election up during a pandemic when he’s been preaching to stay at home. CERB was extremely unorganized and chaotic. Going on vacation at in-opportun times while again, preaching everyone else to stay at home. I’ve given him a bit of a break since this is unprecedented times and even early on I thought Ford was bringing the province together better than Trudeau was.
But, let’s shift ahead to today…
In Ford’s province, he’s allowing a movement to spread that there are very little to no consequences for anybody causing problems anywhere in his province. This has allowed it to gain steam and people now believe they’re invincible and it’s become a (somewhat) lawless province with zero backlash from our Provincial Government and also leaving the province more divided than I’ve ever seen it. Let’s take a step back from all of the hatred towards our Liberal Government and use some factual evidence of who controls what.
Provincial (Doug Ford):
- Vaccine mandates
- Opening/closing of businesses
- Number of people allowed indoors for events
Federal (Justin Trudeau):
- Vaccine mandates for cross-border activity (except for going into the US, which is the only country that we border with – that’s on Biden). The only thing that can be stood upon is Trudeau trying to negotiate with Biden. If you know anything about politics, the US don’t generally give in to anybody, let alone Canada.
So, there are a few things happening here and none of it’s logical, which makes it kind of hilarious but also extremely embarrassing. Once you cut through the noise, this is what’s really being said.
- I’m hating on Trudeau because he’s Liberal.
- I think it’s all a conspiracy, and the Healthcare system is in “fine order”, but I’m mad at the wrong person
- I’m mad because I don’t like wearing a mask, but I’m angry at the wrong person
- I’m mad because I want the choice to be vaccinated and not forced, but I’m angry at the wrong person again
- I’m using this as a vehicle to get other points across, or, to help gain power for other movements
- I’m just mad and I want to party with like-minded folks
- I don’t know anything about who’s in control of what, and everyone seem like their mad at Trudeau, I’ll join in.
- I don’t give a shit about any of this, I just want to blow off some steam and honk my horn and yell freedom.
- I just don’t want to be told what to do and I know who to be mad at, but “Fu** Trudeau” anyways because he sucks.
- I always vote PC and bitch about anybody else in power other than them.
- I’m tired of working from home and I once went to a tailgating party at a Steelers game in Pittsburgh… drank a little too much, but it was a really fun time and I want to relive that event for a full month instead of a day.
Personally, I try to stay neutral, but logic always has to reign true when it comes to anything, and I’ve got no idea where any logic lies in this protest other than people are just mad and don’t like Trudeau, which is likely the truest answer.